Who we are
Information Collected by us.
In the course of us providing products and services to you, we may collect the personal information that you provide. This information may consist of:
- Your name, e-mail address, telephone number, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date (We do not see or store any of your credit or debit card details as this is handled by our payment gateway) and your IP address. We use this information in order to process your orders and run your Account (if you open one), marketing, market research and analysis and to notify you of the status of the order.
- To ensure the smooth processing & delivery of your order, or to contact you if there is a problem with your order.
- To allow us to make any subsequent visits you may make to our website as easy as possible, meaning you don't have to resubmit certain information each time you shop with us.
- To profile our customer database to help us improve our service and product range and to help us attract similar customers. This may involve working with third party analysis companies.
will need to share your personal information with reputable third party
providers who help us provide the services we provide you (such as
couriers to deliver your items).
- We never sell, rent or provide your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
We will hold your personal information for no longer than necessary but in any event no longer than 6 years after (i) you cease to be a customer (ii) our last communication with you (unless we are legally required or have a legitimate business interest to retain it) and for compliance with UK legal obligations, for example tax regulations, Investigations etc. We will remove your data from our systems at the end of the applicable data retention periods, we will not notify you of this.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. name and email address,
- let us have proof of your identity and address and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information needed to operate and process orders, that information is handled and stored in a secure environment and all systems that can access the information have security measures in place. We use SSL encryption on our entire site so that any data you enter when browsing and filling out personal information is encrypted. We do NOT store or have access to your credit card information, all payments are made via our merchant payment gateway which handles the transaction and are operating under the same GDPR regulations when it comes to personal data, privacy etc.
If you want detailed information on how to Get Safe Online and how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We do not make it a habit of hounding you with sales emails in general as this can be tiresome, however if you are an existing customer and have opted in to our newsletter, we may occasionally contact you via email or mail about Hawke Motorsport products and services that we believe would be of interest and benefit to you. If you would like to receive this information you can OPT IN at any time by visiting your account page under newsletter. If you have opted in but no longer want to have this feature then you can OPT OUT in the same area on your on line account.
If you have any queries about this policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact us.
Unit 3, Hawkes Farm
email@example.com or telephone (01794) 230340
This Privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.